- Bring your cheque in person to the Municipal Office, Monday through to Friday 8:30 am to 4;30pm
- After hours you can drop your cheque in the drop off box located to the left side of the front entrance of the Municipal Office
- You can pay by telephone or internet banking if you have this arrangement with your financial institution
The Tax Rates are calculated in conjunction with the annual budget process. Taxes are billed in February and June Installments being payable in March, and July. You will receive your Tax Bills by mail.
You may pay your taxes in person, and through telephone or internet banking.
The Treasury Department is responsible for the annual budget process for the Municipality of Faraday and begins toward the end of a calendar year. Each Department Head reviews his or her year’s work and prioritizes projects and programs for the upcoming year. Costing is done for the various projects and programs and that information is supplied to the Treasurer. The Treasurer in turn completes a lengthy document that clearly outlines the Revenues and Expenditures of each department.
Each member of Council reviews his or her copy of the proposed budget then each Department Head presents to council his or her department’s plans for the upcoming year. Council takes the time to go through each department budget line by line to review, ask questions and justify expenditures.
All council meetings, including budget meetings are open to the public. Notices for these meetings are posted on the website.
The Municipality’s budget is a public document and you may view or receive a copy of it by contacting our office.
Dawn Switzer | Clerk - Treasurer
Phone: (613) 332-3638
Tax and Finance Documents
- 2016 Consolidated Financial Statement2017-06-26
- 2015 Consolidated Financial Statments 2016-05-13
- Consolidated Financial Statements 20142015-09-21
- 2013 MPMP Report2014-06-03
- 2013 Financial Statement2014-05-22
- 2012 MPMP Report2013-06-12
- 2012 Consolidated Financial Statement2013-05-13
- Consolidated Financial Statement - December 31. 20112012-08-20
- 2010 MPMP Report2011-11-22
- 2010 Financial Statement2011-11-22
- 2009 MPMP Report2010-11-15